Friday, June 1, 2012

Are you living?

Are you living your life on purpose, or are you letting life happen to you?  I figured since it's the first day of June, my daughter's 14th birthday, and the 13th anniversary of me starting my business, it's time for a gut-check.  So the question is; what are you doing?

I think it's a  good idea once in awhile to look at where you are, and what direction you're heading in, and see if you're living your life on purpose or not.  Are you making choices that have a good chance of leading you to where you want to be in life, or are you just going through the motions of living, waiting to see what might happen next?

I'm not trying to say that you should be planning out every aspect of your life, or obsessing when things aren't going according to your plan, I'm talking more about an overall attitude towards living.  I'm afraid that so many people go through life doing the things they feel they "should" do, but not ever really savoring any of life.  There are so many opportunities out there for all of us, but so many of us come home and spend six hours in front of the television.  I don't want to get to be 60 years old, and look back and wonder where my life went.

So think about what kind of person you want to be, and what kind of life you want to live.  Now think about the choices you make in your daily life.  Do those two things align?  Are you making the choices every day to be who you want, and to live the life that you want? 

It's never too late to turn it all around.  Every day is another opportunity to live the life you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment